Re: adsl with redhat-7.1

At 05:06 PM 7/2/01 -0700, you wrote:
On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 03:43:41PM -0500, Vidiot wrote:
> >Adsl service is either Bridged or PPPoE (ppp over ethernet) so one would
> >need to have ppp working if the ADSL cirtcuit they have is PPPoE.
> >Ray
>
> Yuck!  Can't this place provide REAL DSL?

Apparently a lot of people in the DSL industry have decided PPPoE is
easier to support than a bridged config.  They often have a bridged
config available for an extra charge, I believe.

BTW, anyone been able to install redhat over DSL using PPPoE?

Absolutely no problem here. I have verizon.net here in north NJ and was converted from static to dynamic (PPPOE) ip address last week. I dl the roaring penguin driver for pppoe, configured it, closed the ethernet hole in my firewall and opened a hole for pppoe and it works just like when I had a static ip.

Mark