Re: Really Stupid 7.1 install question

Just dug one up (bootable CD) to ensure that I hadn't lost my mind. Even went back and re-checked the CRC all are ok ...

Is there a way to make a the installer fire up without booting into it or, failing that is there a way to create a bootable CD that I can verify (bear in mind that my burner is on a Windows box - yeah yeah yeah ).

I will even settle for a method of making the boot.img fire up (yes i am desperate

Rob

At 11:01 AM 7/6/2001 +1000, you wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 09:30:27PM -0300, Rob Wolfe <wolfer accesswave ca> wrote:
| Wish I could manage that... unfortunately that isnt really an option since
| all i can set is the order that it tries to boot. My suspicion is that
| there is some magical incantation that has to be said over the CD itself to
| get it to be bootable but that just seems unreasonably stunned even for a
| computer.
|
| I am starting to contemplate ripping the HD out and letting the CD have
| longer to attempt to boot that way.

Won't that make the install a bit tricky?
Have you access to any other bootable CDs which might let you test whether
the boot-from-cd is busted or whether it's the particular CD you've burnt/
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        cs zip com au    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell, Billy!
        - MST3K, "Megalon vs. Godzilla"