Re: Violated

> This is a home network and I don't mind reinstalling. All I do is for a
> learning/experimenting experience anyway. But, my point is that a firewall
> ain't enough!!

About all you can do is to:
1. Install a firewall
2. Ensure all your packages are up to date
3. Install something like Tripwire to let you know if something *DOES* get
changed (e.g. warning someone has broken in).

I don't see much value in portsentry as (correct me if I am wrong someone)
1. It only protects the machine it is on.  No use running on the firewall as
no services are running there, no use running on the servers behind the
firewall as the firewall should be stopping them getting there anyway.
2. It can be used as a DOS against you by spoofing source addresses and
making portsentry block off your own ISP, customers etc

Now, Tripwire seems much more useful as a warning that someone has got in, as
opposed to just looking, and I really should set that up myself *GRIN*

--
Regards,