Re: Linux on Winbook XL

"David Talkington" <dtalk prairienet org> wrote :
> Jaswinder Singh wrote:
>
> >Normaly it works fine , but sometimes Winbook XL hanged totally.
Especially
> >when i am not on network.
>
> That last sentence is the only clue you've given us.  What are
> examples of things you're doing when it hangs?

Thanks for your reply.

It hangs even if i am not doing anything .

> Before responding, make sure your hostname and IP address are in
> /etc/hosts, and that everything is spelled correctly.

yes, /etc/hosts is correct as far as i know.

Some body suggested that my machine is hanging may be it is because of the
interrupt confliction of the ethernet PCMCIA .

But when i am on network my machine never hang, but when i remove ethernet
cable from PCMCIA or remove ethernet PCMCIA it hanged after some time.

Any suggestions .

Thank you ,

Best Regards,

Jaswinder.