RE:sourceforge and apache.org comprimised

Read the apache.org explanation of this occurance. Seems they comprimised the system through an old version of SSH (version 2.2 I believe). Apparently some issues with it. Glad I upgraded to the latest :-)

Frank

FYI, recent announcements have been made that both Sourceforge and the Apache Foundation have been compromised. A compromised account at Sourceforge was used to gain entry to apache.org. The Apache folks are confident that their code repository wasn't affected, but Sourceforge isn't so sure.

Both announcements were made on freebsd-security and openbsd-announce,
among other places; archives of those lists will have further
information.  In addition, the Apache Foundation incident was posted
to Bugtraq, whose archives may be found at
http://www.securityfocus.com.

- -d