Observation

This is not meant to point fingers at anybody in particular and I will not
cite examples.  I have noticed though that people, well meaning I am sure,
frequently provide answers to questions the poster has not asked, or has
discounted specifically, as non-applicable due to his/her configuration.

>From that time on everyone seems to pass over the question, thinking it
has been appropriately answered, until the poster asks again, saying
they've tried the suggestion and it didn't work.

I think the problem, and the accompanying confusion could be avoided by
reading questions at least twice, S L O W L Y, before whipping off a
response.

Tom