NIS slave is whiping me...

Ok. I've setup an NIS master and client. Both systems are running RedHat 6.2 and the client I'm trying to change into a slave. I run /usr/lib/yp/ypinit -s master_server_name and I get the following error message:

Can't enumerate maps from master_server_name.loweryinc.com. Please check that it is running.

---

I'm pretty sure it is since ypcat and ypwhich give me the info I expect from NIS. Is there something else going on here? I've checked securenets and believe everything is setup correctly.

255.0.0.0    127.0.0.0
0.0.0.0        172.16.0.0

---

That should open up all our 172.16.x.x clients allowing them to communicate with NIS master. I've restarted ypbind, ypserv and portmap. /var/log/messages show the services restarted and no errors logged. I've examined the NIS howto and setting up a slave isn't very difficult from what I see. Time I understand is important also. I've checked and everything is within 20 seconds of the correct time. Installed webmin to see if it may be something I screwed up on. Getting the same error message.

Thoughts?

Thx

Frank