From: P.Sen [mailto:psds1 vsnl net]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 10:14 AM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Can't configure network

My two pcs win98+Redhat7.0 and another is win95 only. Win98 and win95 is
connecting well. But I can't configure network in Linux.
eth0 is not giving any error message when booting so I think it is
configured properly.

1. ifconfig displays only lo not eth0

2. my /etc/hosts file is as follows   localhost  localhost.localdomain  bckv  bckv.harvest.com  main
When I pinging main(win95) or its ipaddress, it gives 'network unreachable'.
Win95 pc can't connect linux also.

3. when I issue command 'ifconfig eth0' it
displays -SIOCSIFFLAGS:Reseource temporarily unavailable

4. '/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start' displays
Starting SMB services:  [OK]
Starting NMB services : [OK]

5. '/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb stop' displays
Shutting down SMB services:  [OK]
Shutting down NMB services : [FAILED]

Please help me to configure network in step by step format.
With advance thanks

Redhat-list mailing list
Redhat-list redhat com