Newbie now needs dsl help

Thanks for your help.  FYI - I did some checking into Linksys and
then added the following 2 lines to /etc/modules.conf

	alias eth0 tulip
	options tulip options=0 debug=1

Now when I boot the system it initializes just fine.  netstat -i shows
it there and ping works okay as well.  Now for the next step.

I have my linuxbox sharing a machine with WIN95.  That machine
is connected to a hub which is shared by a WIN98 machine and a
DSL modem.  I ran adsl-setup to get access to the internet.  Not
working.  When I run adsl-start I get several . (periods) and then the
message TIMED OUT. On a second line I get the messge:
/usr/bin/adsl-start: line 160:  1274 Terminated      $CONNECT
"$@" >/dev/null 2>&1

Anyone have any idea what this means?

Thanks again.