Re: RH 7.1 SAMBA Config

On Sun, 10 Jun 2001 at 10:14pm (+1200), Linux wrote:

> Hi I have tried to configure SAMBA with some success
>
> I have created a 2nd hard drive  at /windows
>
> on the drive I have created directories
>
> Company
>
> users\mike
> 	\xxx
>
> in the smb.conf file
>
> [Company]
>  comment = General share
>  path = /windows/company
>  public = yes
>  writable = yes
>  printable = no
>  valid users = @smbusers   (All users belong to this group)
>
> [MikePS]
>  Comment = mikes files
>  path = /windows/users/mike
>  public = yes
>  valid users = mike
>  writable = yes
>  printable = no
>
> I have created an entry in the smbpasswd file with the password for mike.
> When I typed the password for the 2nd time it got all grumpy and said it
> wasn't going to save the smbpasswd file.

More information please...

When you typed the password in where for the second time?  The smbpasswd
command, on your windows box trying to connect to the share, or somehwere
else maybe?  What was the /actual/ error message and not the
anthropomorphized version?

Then again... I get grumpy when people tell me things twice so maybe that
was it after all... ;)

M.

--
WebCentral Pty Ltd           Australia's #1 Internet Web Hosting Company
Level 1, 96 Lytton Road.           Network Operations - Systems Engineer