Re: [OT]root fs not found with new 2.4.5 kernel

** Reply to message from eric clover <clover nnex net> on Sat, 16 Jun 2001 15:17:44 -0500

> yup,
> the ide blk device was just in there as a module :(
> made it built in, recompiling again right now.
>
> on a kinda side note. after i compile a kernel, should i do a make
> mrproper before i try to do another recompile? the reason i ask is that
> make mrproper removes the .config and that to me seems counterproductive
> to me.

Just copy your .config file somewhere safe before doing the mrproper, and then copy it back after doing it. I think make mrproper should be done before every full compile of the same source tree. But then I am just paranoid.

Jack Bowling
mailto: jbinpg home com