Re: staroffice5.2

At 6/15/01 10:42 AM +0500, you wrote:
Could some one expalin how to go about the installation of startoffice5.2 on
RedHat7.0. I tried installing , it said staroffice successfully installed.
But i am not able to find   the binary ( command to run staroffice ). I did
the following :

1 ) The binary file is in the location /home/ajayragh
2)  As root i ran ./staroffice.bin /net ( this info i got from the past
lists in the RedHat website ). It created a directory called adabas in
/home/root.
3) As User "ajayragh" i ran ./staroffice.bin. It created a directory called
adabas in /home/ajayragh

Ajay,

Sorry to get here so late, but one thing worries me: "...created a directory called adabas..." The actual StarOffice binary for setup has some long, hyphenated name, *not* "staroffice.bin". Also, it asks you for an installation directory and the default (which I suggest you keep) is /usr/local.

It looks like you downloaded the Adabas database binary by mistake. This is an add-on product to StarOffice, but it is not StarOffice itself. By the way, the StarOffice binary is about 95MB. How big is the one you have?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz gold guate net