Re: apache

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Steve Lee wrote:

> How would one allow apache to use symlink for
> document so i don't get an 403.
>
> i.e.  if my DocumentRoot /home/httpd
> and i have a symlink in there to /home/user/john
> it will not work.
>
> Thanks

You have to edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf and uncomment the line
#    Options FollowSymLinks
in the default section if you want to allow symlinks by default.  If you
just want to allow symlinks in the /home/httpd directory, you will have
to find the line:
<Directory "/home/httpd/html">
Then go down a couple of lines and find the line:
    Options Indexes Includes
and change it to:
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks

(I think I have that right...)  Don't forget to run "service httpd
reload" changes take affect.

Mikkel