Re: RedHat users like Mustang convertibles?

At 6/20/01 01:34 AM -0400, you wrote:
On Wednesday 20 June 2001 12:34 am, Hidong Kim wrote:
> "Rodolfo J. Paiz" wrote:

> > Like servers, guns in and of themselves are not good or bad,

My apologies to the list in advance. I was planning on ignoring it, really.
Way off topic, and my first and last post on this thread.....

> That's right. Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

Let's not do this one on the list, and save everyone countless messages. Fair
enough?

You're right; I fully agree. I've just answered a couple of posts (you know, you get into a routine: next message, reply, next message, reply...) but I'll quit now. The list really does not need this.

However, I hope that you were fuming at Hidong, not at me. The "bullets kill people" gem was all his.

Sorry, being a responsible firearms owner, having the misfortune of living in
Massachusetts, I get a little defensive. ;)

Damn, that is a misfortune. Given that my gun (and my use of it) have saved my life twice already, I choose to keep it and consider it a good thing (as you said, responsibly used). I also choose to believe that, as my country's Constitution says (roughly):

"Given that the State cannot protect all of the people all of the time, it directly follows that every citizen has the right and obligation to protect him or herself. Thus the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Please note that this is not the exact text, I'm very roughly translating from memory. There are some specific limitations placed clearly on this right (no offensive weapons like fully-automatic weapons or grenades, for example), but at least my Constitution is black-and-white perfectly clear on this, unlike yours.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz gold guate net