Yahoo messenger on linux behind proxy?

Hi all,
    I just installed yahoo messenger on my linux box which is on an
internal network.
now,when i configure yahoo messenger by following the instructions,it
doesn't work.
It just displays "connecting..."

Under Edit menu-->preferences-->advanced
I say,connection : csa.yahoo.com port:5050
In the next tab,i say "msg.edit.yahoo.com" port 80

next,i ask it to use an http proxy and click on that button to enable
proxy.
I,then,give the proxy address and port number of my company's proxy
server.
But,it just waits saying "connecting..."

What am i missing..?
I personally,don't think ymsgr is buggy on linux behind proxy..

Thanks,
Vineeta