-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-admin redhat com
[mailto:redhat-list-admin redhat com]On Behalf Of Al Choy
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 2:40 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: PCMCIA modem for Linux

Hello,

I am a Linux newbie. I just installed Red Hat Linux 7.0 in my Compaq LTE
5300 laptop with PCMCIA  EtherlinkIII  3C562 combo card and a Megahertz 56K
PC Card Modem. However, neither of the modem cards were recognized by GNOME
ppp conifigurator and I could not dial out. Does any one know either one of
the two modems are LINUX compatible or do I have to buy a new one? What
would be the best new modem to buy?

Thanks.

Regards,

Al