Moving root partition

I want to upgrade to 7.1, and I made my root partition to small. So, what
I want to do is keep my existing root partition /dev/hda1 as /boot and
move the rest of / to another partition.

How can I do this? I have move partitions before using the cpio command,
but have lost my instructions, but I want to be sure to do this correctly.

Also, how can I make another one of my smaller partitions a swap
partition?

Thanks in advance.

"If you're not one of us, you are one of them" Morpheus

Brian Schneider           brians mcn net          www.liberty.dyndns.org