Re: cron log sa

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Steve Lee wrote:

> Cron launches this script every so often
> and my email fills up with a lot of these
> below.  How can a interpret this. or is
> this normal.
>
> Invalid system activity file: /var/log/sa/sa10

It's the accounting application.  Take a look at the manual pages for 'sa' and
'sar'.  Also, check out your /var/log/sa directory to see if the files are
there.  They should be ASCII files.  Also, check out the manual page on 'sa1'
and the cron job in /etc/cron.hourly, since it seems to me that it is running
from there.

Nitebirdz
http://www.linuxnovice.org
News, tips, articles, links...