Re: Apache Webserver

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Greg Robertson wrote:

> Im running Red hat 7.2 and I have apache set up for my main site.  I am
> trying to configure apache to give each user a publi_html folder and
> Cgi-bin, that can be accessed by
>
> http://hostname/~user/
>
> However I cant get it working anyone got any tips or suggestions on how to
> make it work.

 Find and uncomment the example in httpd.conf, something like:

	#
	# UserDir: The name of the directory which is appended onto a user's home
	# directory if a ~user request is received.
	#
	# The path to the end user account 'public_html' directory must be
	# accessible to the webserver userid.  This usually means that ~userid
	# must have permissions of 711, ~userid/public_html must have permissions
	# of 755, and documents contained therein must be world-readable.
	# Otherwise, the client will only receive a "403 Forbidden" message.
	#
	# See also: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#forbidden
	#
	<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
	    UserDir public_html
	</IfModule>

	#
	# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
	# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
	#
	<Directory /home/*/public_html>
	    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
	    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
	    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
	        Order allow,deny
	        Allow from all
	    </Limit>