Re: Blown BIOS, no boot

On 01/31/02, at 10:57 PM, John P Verel <jverel optonline net> said:

>Did you get an error code along side the "L"?
No error code, just the "L".
-------
File this one under "Go Figure".
I guess it just needed a really cold boot.
After sitting overnight, it now boots from the boot floppy that didn't work yesterday.
... but not from the HD.
Oh, wait, now it won't boot from the boot floppy again?!?
Wait, now it will. Just had to wait two minutes. Weird.

So now I've got it booted. How do I fix lilo?
Running /sbin/lilo (again) didn't fix it.
It was working before the battery change.

Carl Brown cbsled ncia net
I don't use Windows.