Re: Two Ximian Questions

Juan,

You were right on all counts. Thanks for your help.

James

At 12:03 PM 2/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
It sounds like you're using the Disk Writer output plugin.  It creates
wav files from your mp3s.  If you go to the preferences menu (Ctrl P),
you should see the configuration for your Output Plugin.  Select
"eSound Output Plugin" and xmms will stop writing wav files.

You can run any wm you want with GNOME but some are better than others.
I think even kwm (the KDE window manager) should work.

If you have a Red Hat Linux system, then /usr/bin/switchdesk should do
the trick.  You won't see "Ximian" in the selections but you will see
"GNOME" and that's what you should select to go back to the Ximian
GNOME Desktop.

Juan