Re: Startup Application

At 10:25 2/20/2002 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
When you're doing things on your system where you need to get to files
etc, is it just standard practice to su to root to get more permissions,
etc?

Yes. I have an icon on my panel that lauches with the following command:

xterm -e su - root

That makes it easy for me to open a root sheel at any time. Since I normally use gnome-terminal with white text on a black background, the xterm (black text on white background) stands out and reminds me that it's a root shell.

Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene pobox com> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D AOL/Yahoo Chat: TonyG05 Linux. the choice of a GNU generation. <http://www.linux.org/>