From: Dan Sabo [mailto:dan dansabo com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 1:48 PM
To: redhat-list redhat com
Subject: Question about IP addresses

Hi,

I'm co locating my new server loaded with red hat Linux 7.2 tomorrow.  The
co lo facility tells me that I can not have one IP address for each and
every domain name unless I can justify them; and some I can justify and some
I can't.

What I'm wondering, what if anything will I lose if I set up domains under
(I guess they are called) virtual IP address, instead of assigning them a
real IP address?  Are there any advantages or dis advantages of setting up
domain names without a real IP address?

Thanks,

Dan Sabo