RE: i need help in confugring smb

I had the same problem just last night setting up Samba, but I realized it
was starting then immediately stopping, not just never starting.  Check
/var/log/samba for the logs to see what's wrong.  Mine was looking for a
host name that didn't exist, the logs should give you some idea of what's
happening.  I put the name of my machine in the hosts file and it worked
fine after that.  Here's what mine said:
 Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host shack.localdomain
So I put that name in my hosts file and it started working, no problem.

Kerry Miller
kmiller01 ticnet com