Superrescue ISO image does not boot??

Hi everyone,

I downloaded a copy of superrescue-2.1.0.iso.gz from their website.  I
did a

gzip -d superrescue-2.1.0.iso.gz

so that I could convert it to a regular ISO image file.  It got
decompressed to superrescue-2.1.0.iso which I burned on a CD.  Now when
I used it to boot, it didn't boot from CD.  Do I have to convert it to
.img, or am I on the wrong track?  What can I do to get it to boot from
CD.  I can boot a regular RH CD so I know that CD drive is not toast.

I am new to all this - sorry if it's a dumb question.

Thanks