Re: How to get usb ports running, to use with digtal camera?

> This is probably a simple FAQ (but I could not find it), but how do I
> get the usb ports active?  I tried running kudzu at boot with the camera
> attached and turned on, but that did not work.

Yes, it's an FAQ.  Do a google search on "linux usb faq".  The very first
entry that comes back tells you what modules you need to load.

> If I run usbview, I get:
>
> "Cannot open the file /proc/bus/usb/devices.  Verify that you have USB
> compiled into your kernel, have the modules loaded and have the usbdevfs
> filesytem mounted."

Entry #3 in the FAQ is entitled "Why doesn't /proc/bus/usb exist?".

Happy playing!
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts
Mounds View, MN, USA