Re: Configure sound on 810-815 chipset motherboard

Ezra,
I had three identical machines with M810 MB.  Tried RH 6.2, 7.0, and Mandrake
8.1.  None of these seemed to have the SiS drivers needed.  RH 7.2 did, but I
had lots of problems installing.  I used different amounts of shared memory
during the install on all: 1MB on one, 4MB on one and 32MB on the last.

Svga uses SiS 630.  I originally set the boxes up with Hor. 31.5, 35-36.5 and
Vert. 55-90.  Two were to be used as servers and would have cheap monitors so
this was OK on them.  The third was later changed to 1024x768 for desktop.
Had no problems setting up.

I'm still using 2-4-7.10 kernel that came with RH 7.2.
Don't know what AGP aperture is.
Don't use DRM or Chromium.

I may try the Soundblaster method you mentioned, but don't have lots of hope
it will work.  CDs play very well - can't play an MP3.  Strange.
bruce