Re: RH 7.2 custom kernel/modules in boot.img

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 09:47, Garrett Mead wrote:
> Good day,
>      I am interested in installing RH 7.2 on a new system which has a
> promise SX6000 IDE RAID controller. Promise only distributes a driver
> for RH 7.0/7.1. I have read that I2O support is included in most
> modern 2.4.x kernels. As such I am interested in building a kernel
> with static support for I2O or module support for the same.

Does the RH installation detects the raid card?
Its quite a hassle to build a custom boot.img
This might help http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Bootdisk-HOWTO/index.html
http://linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/KickStart-HOWTO-9.html

I think the best to help you out is this link, if RH doesn't support
your card straight out of the disc.
http://linuxdoc.org/LDP/LG/issue73/mwaikambo.html