Re: huge .pdf files

> On 09-Oct-2002/19:40 -0500, Bobby Treaster <krymsunmortis gpcom net> wrote:
> >Actually the PDF does have a table of contents listed by the HOWTO's
> >subject and you click on the subject and it then takes you to the
> >corresponding material.
>
> Still, a 31 megabyte file? They would be better off putting a keyword and
> the word HOWTO in Google and jumping diectly to the document most likely
> to help them. Not everyone has a broadband connection.

Just noted this thread. Here's something for y'all to look at: how was it
saved, from what editor, and with what options?

We had a thread on another mailing list I'm on, on the same subject.
Different editors, saving as pdf, or file converters,  can add *tons* of
extra stuff, and store it incredibly inefficiently.

Try to turn the file to .pdf in another manner, and check the default
switches.

	mark
--
Certified lunatics are shut up because of their
proneness to violence when their pretensions are