Re: Apache 1.3.22 And Some Sort of Oddity

Hello Joseph,

Friday, October 11, 2002, 3:34:39 PM, you textually orated:

JANJ> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.101>
JANJ>   ServerName jan-jr-ent.homlinux.org
                              ^^^^^^^^
Spelling perhaps?

<snip>

JANJ> I do not understand why my computer is serving up the omega-fleet site
JANJ> on both http://omega-fleet.homelinux.org (where it should be) and
JANJ> http://jan-jr-ent.homelinux.org (which should be a totally different site).

JANJ> What am I doing wrong? I can't find anything in the apache manuals that
JANJ> describe this problem, and as you can see, except for the paths to each
JANJ> site, the config is mirror perfect.

The Apache manuals are good, but they do leave out things like spelling
errors. ;)

Here is a tip for you...

Always check the simplest answers first. For example...

Did I save the file?
Did I start/restart the service?
Did I spell everything properly?
Did I make sure to use the right options?

There are others, but I'm sure you get the idea.

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 rhlist dee-web com              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/