Return from Standby or Hibernate

I'm running RedHat 8.0 with the latest kernel and installed APM support
on my Dell 8200 laptop.  Using the APMD I can easily go into either
standby or hibernate by selecting the option through right-clicking on
the battery/power-plug icon in the menu.  However, after that, I have NO
idea how to awaken it without pressing the power button on the laptop,
which just cuts the power.  Suggestions?

~ Matthew