Notebook Ethernet Error

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 laptop. It installed Redhat 7.3.
Tthe laptop connects to Internet through a hub(KTI 10BASE-T Ethernet
 Hub KH-9M). But the network connection is extremely unstable. The
Ethernet module that I used is being setup as "alias eth0 eepro100 "
in /etc/modules.conf. The network error is " eepro100 wait_for_cmd
_done timeout".  Someone suggests I can use e100 module instead of
eepro100 modules. But I checks my installed modules, do not find
e100 module.  How should I resolve this issue to get a reliable internet
connection? Please help.

Wai