Re: I am having a great deal of difficulty getting RH 8.0 to reboot.

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 13:11, dlangschied wrote:
> Would I have to put the install disk in to get the boot prompt?
>
> I don't have a floppy disk drive, so I cannot create a boot disk.
>
> Have you seen this problem with pcmcia?  It really has me floored.

Never seen this problem, but ... it sounds like a resource conflict
of some type.  What are the BIOS settings for PC-Card?  Is there
something special about that model of laptop?   Have you done a
Google search for Linux and PCMCIA and that laptop model?   Up until
a couple of years ago I had a Toshiba Satellite Pro; it was well
documented that you needed to configure PCMCIA to use IRQ 11.  Perhaps
you have some similar problem.  Besides a Google search, there used to
be (might still be, have not looked lately) a compendium of user
provided information on specific laptop models and Linux; it was called
something like the Linux Laptop Page or something like that.  Look for
that and see if there is something special about your laptop.  As a
parallel comment, your messages this morning were non-specific on the
brand and model of laptop; this information is critical to resolving the
issue, so when you post this type of problem please provide all the
information.

- rick warner