Re: configure RH9 httpd RPM to use php?

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 11:16, Bill Tangren wrote:
> Is it possible to configure the httpd rpm in RH 9 to use php, or do I
> need to install apache from source and configure it that way? I have php
> and apache installed (from RPM's), but the necessary modules don't seem
> to have been included in httpd.conf. Is this possible?
>

> TIA,
>
> Bill Tangren

You are missing an important piece of the puzzle.  The modules have
their own config files that live in /etc/httpd/conf.d; these are
included from httpd.conf by the line:

   Include conf.d/*.conf

Try it out, if you have the RPM's and have started/restarted httpd
since adding the php RPM it should be working.  Create a quick page
with a call to phpinfo() and you should see that it is working.

- rick warner