Re: kernel panic

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 08:51, Fatma Corut wrote:
> I have the following messages while booting on my Linux machine. (Redhat 9.0)
>
>     - parity error detected in Data-in phase ...
>     - CRC value mismatch
>     - parity error detected in Data-in phase ...
>     - CRC value mismatch
>     - SCSI disk error : host 1 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 return code = 8000002
>     - current sd08:00: sense key Aborted command
>     - Additional sense indicates Initiator detected error message received
>         I/O error : dev 08:00, sector 6
>         unable to read partition table
>     - Journalled Block Device driver loaded
>     - Mounting /proc filesystem
>     - Creating block devices
>     - Creating root devices
>     - mkrootdev : label / not found

It looks like there is a hardware problem that is causing your
bootloader to not be able to find the root dir. or anything else it
sounds like.  try posting some of your hardware setup and some
additional information:

did it ever work?

what did you change?

hard drive setup (eg. 1 ide disk on /dev/hda)

do you have multiple kernels?

Bret