(OT) Mail got blocked because of SORBS/DYNABLOCK

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Thu Apr 1 15:53:29 UTC 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:23:19 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:

> Reuben, Ed Wilts credibility in this list, on a scale of 1 to 10, is so
> close to ten that it is indistinguishable from ten.  Please take his
> advice.
>
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 08:04:21AM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 April 2004 07:47 am, Ed Wilts wrote:
> > > What he should be doing is sending his e-mail through his ISP's mail
> > > server as I pointed out in an earlier response.
> >
> > OK, I'll tell him that. But . . .
> >
> > I still don't understand this quite well. The account that trigger the rule
> > received the mail from my SMTP server.
> > I believe this is what happening to the mail relaying:
> >
> > a --> B ---> C --- d
> >
> > a = my friend home computer, MS Outlook client,
>
> (A possible explanation.. ):
> Which has A dynamically assigned IP address that is in the block list.
> This IP address is recorded in the headers which accompany the email.
> the block list filters find it there and wallah! blocked.

Same with your message, btw:

It's the same with my messages to lists @redhat.com, except that if I post
via my mail provider's SMTP server, the Spam score is much higher than
when I post via a local server, which has a blacklisted dynamic IP
(~0.8). When I use my provider's server, the SORBS warning goes away,
although my dyn IP is still in the first "Received:" header, but the Spam
score is increased to ~4.