(OT) Mail got blocked because of SORBS/DYNABLOCK

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Fri Apr 2 03:35:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:53:29PM +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 09:23:19 -0500, Jeff Kinz wrote:
> > (A possible explanation.. ):
> > Which has A dynamically assigned IP address that is in the block list.
> > This IP address is recorded in the headers which accompany the email.
> > the block list filters find it there and wallah! blocked.
>
> Same with your message, btw:

Da, ist true.  Thats why I gave up doing direct SMTP from kinz.org.
My IP, which hasn't changed in three years or so, is "Dynamic". :)
When I relay via "smarthost" to my ISP's mail relay stuff that gets
blocked otherwise, goes thru.

> It's the same with my messages to lists @redhat.com, except that if I post
> via my mail provider's SMTP server, the Spam score is much higher than
> when I post via a local server, which has a blacklisted dynamic IP
> (~0.8). When I use my provider's server, the SORBS warning goes away,
> although my dyn IP is still in the first "Received:" header, but the Spam
> score is increased to ~4.

Ok - New game "My IP's spamminess score is better than your
IP's spamminess score...   :)
(Mike wins this one)

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.
"jkinz at kinz.org" is copyright 2003.