sendmail

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Fri Apr 2 14:23:24 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 April 2004 08:45 pm, Muhammad Rizwan Khan wrote:
> I wana to know somethings about sendmail, plz. tell me, if you know.
> first is,, how i can check the version of sendmail running on my system.
> Secondly,,, i got a sendmail.cf file, and pasted it on /etc/ directory.
> When i try to start sendmail it give me the following error, i guess its
> versioning problem. Can you plz. tell me what i need to change in
> sendmail.cf file (file is attached with the email) to make it functional on
> my system.
> [root at Rizwan etc]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail start
> Starting sendmail: 554 5.0.0 Warning: .cf version level (10) exceeds
> sendmail version 8.11.6 functionality (9)
> /etc/sendmail.cf: WARNING: dangerous write permissions

Assuming you install from RPM, do the following:
$> rpm -q sendmail
$> rpm -q sendmail-cf

The version on those 2 RPM *should* match exactly. For example, here's mine:

[reubendb at devel reubendb]$ rpm -q sendmail
sendmail-8.11.6-27.73
[reubendb at devel reubendb]$ rpm -q sendmail-cf
sendmail-cf-8.11.6-27.73

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja