Help migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Apr 3 05:03:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:46:27PM -0800, James Harrison wrote:
> Ive just got an email from Redhat saying they are dropping Redhat 9.0.  No
> supprise there.
>
> However, they did point me to a link to 'migrate' to Enterprise Linux.
>
> Is there a special pricing for RHN registered users to help them migrate to
> Enterprise Linux?

https://rhn.redhat.com/help/rhlmigrationfaq/

To quote one piece:
"3) When will the complimentary evaluation copy of Red Hat Enterprise
Linux WS be available?

Users whose account expires after April 30, 2004 will be able to access
the complimentary evaluation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS or ES from
February 1, 2004 until the end of their subscription."

> This would give me piece of mind to think that Redhat havnt just dumped RH9
> and forgotten about us.

They've gone a *LONG* way from forgetting about us.

What they did forget about was adding a link to Red Hat Professional
Workstation to their migration page (and I've let them know in no
uncertain terms).  For many customers, RH Pro Workstation is a very good
alternative to RHL 9 - you've got your web and e-mail servers bundled
onto an enterprise core with long-term support and at a price comparable
to what you were paying before - about $85 for the box set and this
includes a full year of RHN.  Previously, you could pay $20-30 for the
box set plus $60 for RHN.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org