RHEL and X

Mark A. Lewis mark at siliconjunkie.net
Mon Apr 5 03:21:31 UTC 2004

No, you do not have to install X.

Not sure on kickstart.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Lasman [mailto:blists at nobaloney.net]
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 pokey 9:31 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: RHEL and X

We're considering RHEL as an option to run webhosting servers, but a
correspondent told me he believed there was no way to install it
without x.

This would be a showstopper for us; we'd never use x to administer these

remote systems, and we don't install unused services; we consider it a
security issue.

Do I have to install x when installing RHEL?

Can I create my own kickstart file as I always did with RHL previously?

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation Our