RHEL and X

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Mon Apr 5 13:11:23 UTC 2004

On Sunday 04 April 2004 10:31 pm, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> We're considering RHEL as an option to run webhosting servers, but a
> correspondent told me he believed there was no way to install it
> without x.
>
> This would be a showstopper for us; we'd never use x to administer these
> remote systems, and we don't install unused services; we consider it a
> security issue.
>
> Do I have to install x when installing RHEL?

Of course not. Install what you want only. You may want to select a 'Custom
Install" in the option to pick and choose whatever you want. Maybe what your
correspondent did was just select something like a "Workstation Install",
thus he/she got X wuthout selecting it.

> Can I create my own kickstart file as I always did with RHL previously?

Of course.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja