Printing via NIS Linux client to SUN print server

Bob Flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Tue Apr 6 09:08:24 UTC 2004

Out main print servers are on Solaris boxes. We distribute and manage
printing configuration using
NIS and a printers.conf.byname file, which is referenced from the

/etc/nsswitch.conf file as

printers:    users file nis

What I would like to know is, how do I go about integrating the linux
boxes to use
the centrally managed printer.conf file.

I am assuming that;

- I cannot use CUPS
- That I need to use lpd, and that I need to reference on the linux
clients /etc/nsswitch.conf

Thanks,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.