Moving into Linux Enterprise- Doubts/questions

Norman Elton wnelto at net.wm.edu
Tue Apr 6 20:05:53 UTC 2004

Maria,

RedHat Enterprise Installations require a full rebuild, there's no
upgrade path into RHEL. Once you're at RHEL, subsequent releases won't
require drastic measures.

I installed RHEL 3 on a PowerEdge 2650, and had horrible times with the
RAID driver. If your server runs the Perc3/Di driver, you'll want to do
a little research before plunging into RHEL. There's a good website
available for this, go to linux.dell.com. You can find a mailing list
where people discuss this issue constantly.

Good luck,

Norman

Norman Elton
College of William & Mary