kernel modifications.

Ashish Samant als1140 at cs.rit.edu
Fri Apr 9 14:48:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

I had a question about changing a few things in the kernel. I need to
carry out a few changes to the kernel files, entry.S, change the task
struct a bit and a few others for academic purposes. I wanted to know how
do I bring this changes into effect. I am a little confused about the
whole process.Would I have to redo the whole kernel rebuild process, as in
configuring all the options, building the kernel image, installing the
modules, modifying lilo.conf etc, etc. ? Or do I just compile the modified
sources and reboot.

Thank you.