vsFTP

Roderick.Tapang at gxs.com Roderick.Tapang at gxs.com
Thu Apr 15 10:04:01 UTC 2004

hi,

set these in vsftpd.conf:

anonymous_enable=YES
chroot_local_user=YES
chroot_list_enable=YES
chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
local_root=/home/ftp

this sets the anonymous ftp user and all local users to be chrooted
to /home/ftp. the file /etc/vsftpd.chroot_list will then be a list
of users you don't want to be chrooted to /home/ftp. you just add
the username (ie. add user "jason" if u don't want him to get stuck
in /home/ftp.

now, adding another directory as an ftp root - i have no idea how to
do that in vsftpd.

> Anyone know where I can get a good sample vsftp.conf for
> similar access
> or can anyone point me to a good resource to help me with the config?

there are example config files in the doc dir of vsftpd in your system.
better check
them off first.

hth.

/erik