"Bad magic number"

Edwin Humphries edwin at ironstone.com.au
Fri Apr 16 23:51:11 UTC 2004

Tobias,

Yes, thanks, that worked. But now I have lots of error messages of
the format:
"dma=intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
dma_intr: error=0x40 { UnrecoverableError }, LBAsect=nnnnn,
sector=xxxxx, end_request: I/O error, dev 04:41 (hdb), sector=xxxxx"

Does this really mean unrecoverable error, or is does it mean that
the bad sector is being added to the bad sector file, and that the
rest of the drive is OK?

On 16 Apr 2004 at 15:30, Tobias Speckbacher wrote:

> Try running fsck on the partition (ie. hdb1) instead on the device
> (hdb).
>
> -T

Humphries