Ping Driving me Crazy....

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Apr 18 09:24:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 06:06, Harry wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having crazy issues with Ping from my Windows Boxes to Linux.My
> Linux box acts as a server for all the Windows Machines, I have
> enabled Iptables and Squid Proxy, used the Ip no of the Linux Box as
> the gateway on the Windows.what I have noticed is that when I ping
> from the Windows Boxes it times out, whereas from the linux to the
> Windows it works, then agian when I get back to the windows it works
> for a while then again stops. I have changed network cards, and tried
> all possible stuff, still the same...I am going Insane...any help will
> be REALLY appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Harry

Firewall maybe?

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
LORD, WE KNOW THERE IS NO GOOD ORDER EXCEPT THAT WHICH WE CREATE...
THERE IS NO HOPE BUT US. THERE IS NO MERCY BUT US. THERE IS NO JUSTICE.
THERE IS JUST US. ALL THINGS THAT ARE, ARE OURS. BUT WE MUST CARE. FOR
IF WE DO NOT CARE, WE DO NOT EXIST. IF WE DO NOT EXIST, THEN THERE IS
NOTHING BUT BLIND OBLIVION. AND EVEN OBLIVION MUST END ONE DAY. LORD,
WILL YOU GRANT ME JUST A LITTLE TIME? FOR THE PROPER BALANCE OF THINGS.
TO RETURN WHAT WAS GIVEN. FOR THE SAKE OF PRISONERS AND THE FLIGHT OF
BIRDS. LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE
REAPER MAN? (Reaper Man)