fetchmail bounces

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Mon Apr 19 01:14:39 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 10:35, Edward wrote:

> I use sendmail to send mail VIA my ISP mail server (masquerade).
> I use fetchmail in a 15 minute CRON job to fetch new mail from my ISP
> mail server.
<Whack>

>  >>>>>> MAIL From:<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON at localhost.localdomain>
>
> <<< 553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
> 501 5.6.0 Data format error
> 550 5.1.1 <FETCHMAIL-DAEMON at server>... User unknown

</Whack>

I'm curious about what the commandline options are that you're using
when you fire up fetchmail...?

Have you tried it verbosely with:

fetchmail --verbose --nodetach --smtpaddress=whatever.com.au
--smtpuser=you at whatever.com.au

..?
Just curious.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Fry: "Well, thanks to the internet I'm now bored with sex. Is ther a
place on the web that panders to my lust for violence?" Bender: "Is the
space-pope reptilian?"