VMWare and RedHat

Ben Sheron ben at whatsmykarma.com
Tue Apr 20 22:44:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 12:36, Stamper, Steve wrote:
> I'm looking for experiences (for or against) running multiple/mixed
> RedHat and Windoze as "Guest Operating Systems" in a VMWare server
> environment.

I've used VMware 4.5 on my Fedora Core 1 box with XP Pro as the guest.
I use it for only one or two apps, nothing significant, just a way to
make sure I'm 100% compatible with the Windoze world.  It runs smoothly
on my dual AMD MP 2800 box with 512 MB RAM, but I'd advise getting all
the RAM you can.  I can play music just fine off of the guest OS, and I
plan to experiment with installing Adobe After Effects on it too.

It is pretty stable; recently Windoze gave me the BSOD, but I was able
to just exit VMWare.

Ben