Issue with SASL/Postfix/MySQL - Nightmare for 3 DAYS :-(

Cyril Drouin - Bysoft cyril.drouin at bysoft.fr
Wed Apr 21 09:12:32 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have tried for 3 days now to integrate SASL/PostFix/MySQL but I can't make
it.

What I have done :

- Compile Postfix with the SALS and MySQL support :

make -f Makefile.init makefiles 'CCARGS=-DHAS_MYSQL
-I/home/cyril/mysql/include -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/local/include/sasl'
 'AUXLIBS=-L/home/cyril/mysql/lib -lmysqlclient -lz -lm
-L/usr/local/lib/sasl2 -lsasl2'

- Compile SALS with the MySQL support :

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/mysql" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/mysql
-R/usr/lib/mysql"
./configure --enable-sql --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql

- Create the smtpd.conf:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: mysql
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 NTLM
mysql_user: postfix
mysql_passwd: password
mysql_hostnames: localhost
mysql_database: users
mysql_statement: SELECT crypt FROM users WHERE address = '%u'
mysql_verbose: yes

- Change my main.cf  to :

#Authentification SASL

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl2_auth_enable = yes
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks,
reject_unauth_destination

What I am sure of is :
- MySQL and POSTFIX integration is working as I can check the email through
pop3/imap (I am using courier-imap package)
- Postfix can send message out

Few questions :

1/ When I compile sasl, I got an error saying that :

checking for mysql_select_db in -lmysqlclient... (cached) no
configure: WARNING: MySQL library mysqlclient does not work

I can't figure out why I got this warning. I used the same library than for
Mysql

2/ I got nothing in maillog. how can I know if SASL is using Mysql ? even
how can I know if Postfix is using SASL ?

Few more details :
1/ Redhat 9
2/ Postfix version 2.0.19
3/ SASL SASL2 2.1.18
4/ My password are encrypted in my Database

Thanks for your answers..I am getting crazy down here with that.

Cyril